Best Body Pillows 2024 + Deals & Offers
1- Sweet Zzz Body Pillow
- Very supportive and comfortable
- Helped a lot during pregnancy
- Great for side sleeping and hugging
- Cool and breathable
- Comes with a washable organic pillowcase
When it comes to cozying up for a restful night (or a blissful nap), the Sweet Zzz Body Pillow has been my trusty companion for two delightful years here’s a little snapshot of my journey with it and why I picked it as the best overall:
Does it provide enough support?
Absolutely, and not just for the regular nights, but it became my night-time hero during my pregnancy last year. Side sleeping became a dream rather than a pain with the supportive and adjustable down alternative fill nestling against me just right.
Does it sleep cool?
Oh, a resounding yes! My partner fondly (and accurately) refers to me as a ‘night-time furnace,’ so a cool-sleeping pillow is non-negotiable for me. With its organic cotton cover and pure down alternative, this pillow managed to keep things chill and comfy even for someone who naturally runs hot like me. Memory foam? That was a no-go for me, but this? Perfection.
Is it lightweight? Or does it make your arm numb?
The lightness of this pillow is one of its secret weapons. Despite having tried other options like latex and memory foam pillows (which are also on our list and have their own merits), this pillow won my heart with its surprisingly supportive yet lightweight disposition.
Is it good for pregnancy?
A thousand times yes! The hypoallergenic properties and the safe, organic cotton cover make it an absolute sanctuary during pregnancy. Seriously, it was non-negotiable for me during those special nine months.
Final Snuggly Thoughts:
Despite being organic, coming with an organic cotton pillowcase, and having adjustable fill, the Sweet Zzz Body Pillow sits at a sweet spot with a price tag of just $120. Great value, superb comfort, and the organic goodness make it a trifecta of bedtime brilliance in my books. So here’s to sweet dreams and restful nights with a pillow that truly understands you!
2- Naturepedic Body Pillow
Next up, let’s chat about the Naturepedic Body Pillow. This one is a bit different – it’s an organic cotton pillow with a really interesting fill: a non-GMO, plant-based down alternative made from sugarcane. Now, that’s not something you see every day!
This pillow is undoubtedly high-quality and it’s got a lot going for it. But, like everything, it has a couple of drawbacks. Firstly, you can’t adjust the fill. So, if you find it too heavy or if the loft isn’t quite right for you, you’re going to have to send it back. Secondly, it’s pricey – I’m talking about twice as much as other body pillows on this list.
Now, don’t get me wrong, this is a great pillow. It’s just that it might not be for everyone. But here’s the thing, if your budget isn’t a concern and you’re looking for something on the luxurious side, then this pillow could be exactly what you’re after.
So, with all that said, I’m recommending the Naturepedic Body Pillow as the best luxury choice. If you’re willing to splash out on a high-end body pillow, this one is definitely worth considering. Just keep in mind, it’s more of a commitment due to the lack of adjustability and the high price tag.
Here’s a quick rundown of what the Naturepedic Body Pillow offers:
- It’s made with an organic cotton cover, so it’s naturally soft and gentle on your skin.
- The fill is unique and eco-friendly – a non-GMO, plant-based down alternative derived from sugarcane.
- It has a high-quality, luxury feel that’s perfect for those seeking a more premium choice.
- While it doesn’t offer adjustability, its fill weight and loft are designed for universal comfort.
- It’s a higher-end investment, so it’s a good pick if budget is not your primary concern.
3- Crystal Cove Body Pillow
Alright, let’s talk about our third pick, the Crystal Cove Charcoal Body Pillow by Brentwood Home. Now this one is a bit of a game-changer – it’s filled with charcoal-infused memory foam and a gel fiberfill, which is definitely not something you come across every day.
The cover is made of polyester, which may not be as natural or sustainable as some other materials, but it’s still pretty comfortable. The unique blend of memory foam and gel fiberfill creates a pillow that’s not just supportive, but also super comfortable to snuggle with.
However, the one thing that might make you think twice is its environmental impact. Compared to other options, this pillow is less sustainable and uses less natural materials. If you’re someone who is very conscious about these things, it might be a bit of a letdown.
But, putting that aside, if you’re in the market for a memory foam body pillow, this could be the one for you. In fact, I’m recommending the Crystal Cove Charcoal Body Pillow as the best memory foam option out there.
Here are the key features of this pillow:
- The cover is made of polyester, making it durable and easy to clean.
- The pillow is filled with a unique blend of charcoal-infused memory foam and gel fiberfill, offering both comfort and support.
- It stands out as the best memory foam body pillow, providing pressure relief and contouring to your body.
- Despite being less sustainable and using less natural materials, it’s comfortable and well-made.
- It’s a great choice if you’re specifically looking for the unique benefits of memory foam in a body pillow.
4- Yana 360° Body Pillow
Moving on to our fourth selection, let’s discuss the Yana 360° Body Pillow. This one really caught my attention with its unique U-shape design. It’s like a cozy cocoon that you can completely relax and sleep in.
The pillow sports a plushy polyester cover, which feels delightfully soft to the touch. But what’s really cool is that you get to choose the fill. You can opt for either shredded latex or gel foam, depending on your preference, and the price stays the same. That’s a nice bit of flexibility that you don’t often see.
Now, this pillow might not be for everyone – it’s definitely a bit different. But if you’re looking for something that stands out from the crowd and provides a wrap-around comfort, then the Yana 360° Body Pillow could be just what you need.
I’m recommending this as the top pick for those who appreciate a unique design and want to experiment with something a bit out of the ordinary.
Here are the key features of the Yana 360° Body Pillow:
- Unique U-shape design that provides all-around support and comfort.
- Plush polyester cover that adds to the overall comfort factor.
- Choice of fill – you can choose between shredded latex or gel foam depending on your preference.
- A standout option for those seeking a uniquely designed pillow that offers comprehensive body support.
- Same price regardless of your fill choice, giving you flexibility without impacting your wallet
5- Cuddler By Bearaby
Last but not least, let’s dive into the Cuddler Pillow by Bearaby. This one is a bit different from the rest. It’s a long, cylindrical pillow – 75 inches long and 8 inches wide – that’s designed with hugging in mind. It’s like having a soft, comfy bolster to cuddle with.
What’s really interesting about this pillow is its fill. It’s made from natural Melofoam, which comes from rubber trees, adding to its eco-friendly appeal. Coupled with an organic cotton cover, it feels wonderful to touch and is kind to the environment.
This pillow is a real charm if you’re looking for something to cuddle with. It’s long, it’s soft, and it’s just the right size to wrap your arms around. However, it’s important to note that it might not offer the same level of full-body support as some of the other options.
So, if a cuddling companion is what you’re after, then the Cuddler Pillow by Bearaby is a great pick. It’s designed to be hugged, and it does a darn good job at it!
Here are the standout features of the Cuddler Pillow:
- Unique cylinder design, with a generous length of 75 inches and a width of 8 inches, perfect for cuddling.
- The fill is made from natural Melofoam derived from rubber trees, making it an eco-friendly choice.
- It features an organic cotton cover, adding to its softness and natural appeal.
- It’s designed specifically for cuddling, though it might not offer the same level of full-body support as some alternatives.
- A great choice if you’re specifically looking for a comfortable, huggable pillow.
- 100% Organic Cotton Cover
- 100% Organic Cotton Pillowcase
- Virgin Grade Down Alternative
- 50-Day Sleep Trial
- 4 Years Warranty
5 Tips For Buying The Right Body Pillow
1- Shape Of The Pillow
Body pillows come in a variety of shapes and sizes that address different needs. The standard size, however, is usually 20 by 54 inches and comes in a long rectangular-shaped straight pillow. Other body pillow shapes include C, U, L, and J or candy cane shape.
Though there are many pillow shapes, straight remains the most common body pillow. It’s especially great for those who still want to use a separate head pillow.
This way they can use the body pillow for back and hip support to relieve overall body stiffness and joint pains.
Just like all other body pillows, straight pillows are also very beneficial for improving circulation while you sleep.
This type of pillow eliminates the need to have a separate body and head pillow. With an L-shaped pillow, you can support both the neck and body simultaneously.
You can also invert the L-shape pillow so that you can slip it between the knees for better knee and hip support.
This helps offer lower back support and keep your ligaments and tendons from stretching.
These types of pillows are the largest and take up considerable bed space. They resemble two long body pillows joined together with a gentle curve on the inside.
They are good for pregnant women and people recovering from surgeries as they offer optimal body support and can be folded into different shapes to offer the kind of support that an individual’s needs.
C-shaped pillows are curved body pillows that come in the shape of the letter “C”.
They offer total body support, from head, neck, shoulders, hips, back, and knees. Pregnant women can take advantage of them for extra belly support.
These types of pillows are also multi-functional, meaning they can be folded to different shapes to help you sit up in bed, read, work or watch the TV. In the case of a nursing mother, they offer breastfeeding support.
C-shaped pillows normally measure 60 plus inches in length and about 18-24 inches in diameter.
J shape pillows are similar to L-shape pillows with the only difference being that they are longer and with a more curved hook. They are great for full-body support. They can support the head, neck, back, hips, and knees.
2- Pillow Materials
- Body pillows are mostly filled with poly-fiber material. Some, however, contain, shredded latex, or memory foam, microbeads, and even buckwheat hulls. You want to go with something natural and green such as natural latex.
- The outer covering of the pillow can also be made with various materials such as cotton, bamboo, or polyester.
- Similar to the filling, you want to go with eco-friendly natural material such as cotton or bamboo especially if you are pregnant. This will ensure yours and your baby’s safety.
- When picking out the materials that make up your body pillow, it’s also important to pick hypoallergenic and cooling materials.
- Some cover material such as velour used in the Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow reviewed above was found to cause its users to sweat a bit. Luckily, getting a cooling pillowcase solved this issue.
- Also, make sure that the fillings inside allow for breathability especially if you tend to sleep hot. Shredded latex, memory foam, microbeads, and buckwheat hulls are good cooling fillings.
3- A Price To Match The Quality
- Body pillows cost a bit more than normal pillows. Some even cost as much as $200 while others can be found in the under $50 category.
- However, you need to determine the value you are getting from the pillow, before spending a lot of money on something that won’t serve you.
- Check the materials used, high-quality materials demand a higher price. Check the durability of the pillow, to determine whether it’s worth the price.
- If you are on a tight budget you can still find great buys such as the Utopia body pillow reviewed above.
4- Good Reviews, Good Company
- With the emergence of bed-in-a-box companies, there are new pillows listed in the market every day. By going through reviews and checking the company’s reputation, that’s how.
- Verified purchase reviews on sites like Amazon, help users tell what they are getting when they pick a particular pillow. Go through the reviews and ask any questions you might have.
- Some past users are very helpful and will answer almost any question you have about the pillow.
- If the question is technical, you can always ask the manufacturing company. This is also a great time to test the company’s customer service.
- Ignored and unanswered messages mean you will probably have a difficult time reporting an issue to the selling company.
5- Check The Sleep Trial and Warranty
- Since most of these pillows are sold online, you will probably not have the chance to test them before you buy them. As such, it’s very important to check whether the pillow you are interested in has a sleep trial or warranty.
- A good body pillow will have both of these things, like WooSa and Snuggle Pedic body pillows above. They each come with an 111 and 120-day risk-free sleep trial and 3 and 20-year warranties respectively.
- Good body pillow warranties guarantee that whatever is advertised is what the pillow will be even years to come. For example, Snuggle- Pedic will replace or refill your pillow’s shredded foam fillings if it ever flattens during your 20-year warranty period.
- WooSa will replace your pillow, no questions asked if it performs less than what was promised during the three years.
- Normal deterioration of the pillow, like memory foam changing color or the cover material of the pillow wearing out, is, however, not covered past manufacturing or delivery faults.
After years of not sleeping well and not finding the right guide for natural products online, she decided to do the research so others don’t suffer when buying a new mattress as she did. For the past 3 years, she studied everything about sleep and natural product to put the best natural mattress buying guide online.